Five days ago, the Epicenter postcast crew interviewed two Decred Team members. The video reached over 11500 plays within these five days. If you are curious, check out the interview on epicenter.tv/episode/193
About the Epicenter interview
Epicenter is a podcast about the technologies, projects, and people driving decentralization and the global blockchain revolution. The crew consists of Brian Fabian Crain, Sebastien Couture and Meher Roy which aim to find the most interesting people in the industry for in-depth discussions about their projects, ideas and stories. Epicenter is part of the Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network.
With their appearance, the Decred Team members join a list of well known Bitcoin and Blockchain personas such as Gavin Andersen, Vitalik Buterin, Vinay Gupta, Roger Ver, and Erik Voorhees.
A Hybrid Approach to Blockchain Governance
The title of the interview covers the core message: Decred brings an innovative governance approach to Blockchain. Watch the interview below or directly on YouTube if you want to learn more.
Talking points include:
- The challenges addressed by Decred, specifically regarding blockchain governance
- Decred’s hybrid Proof of Work/Proof of Stake approach to governance
- How users of the network vote on protocol upgrade with “tickets”
- Possible downfalls and attack vectors to this approach
- How Decred’s governance model successfully implemented a hard fork on the production network
- Decred’s approach to development funding
If you don’t want to watch the interview, you can listen to it on Soundcloud.